If you have a friend or family member who you feel would make a great Foster Carer, please tell them about our Refer-a-Friend scheme and ask them to get in touch with us. They can do this via our online enquiry form or by calling our friendly Fostering Recruitment team on 0330 222 7775.
Make sure they mention your name when they get in touch so we know you sent them our way. You will receive £750 for every Foster Carer household you refer that goes on to be approved by West Sussex County Council.
Your friend or family member will also receive £750 once approved as a Foster Carer as part of our welcome bonus scheme.
Friends and family members who are already Foster Carers with other organisations can also be referred to us.
By taking part in our Refer-a-Friend scheme you’re helping us to ensure that the children we care for have the safe, loving and local homes that they deserve.
Terms and conditions
1. The Refer-a-Friend scheme is open to referrals from: • All approved WSCC Foster Carers • WSCC staff – excluding social work staff who routinely have direct contact with Independent Fostering Agency Foster Carers
2. Full details of the referrer must be given at initial enquiry stage by the applicant to be eligible for the Refer-a-Friend scheme
3. All prospective Foster Carers go through a comprehensive assessment process to establish their suitability for the role. Payments will only be made on approval of new Foster Carer
4. The Refer-a-Friend scheme and welcome bonus is applicable to recruited Foster Carers only, including respite carers
5. Tax implications may apply
6. This Refer-a-Friend scheme commenced on 14 November 2022. West Sussex County Council reserves the right to amend, modify, cancel or withdraw the Refer-a-Friend and welcome bonus scheme at any time and without notice